With the rapid changes occurring in Indian economy the reliance have been placed on the corporate professionals due to many issues arising in corporate sector which requires special skills and knowledge. Corporate Legal Services in India are the regulatory services of the corporate sector. The need for corporate legal services have been felt due to various changes which have taken place in the economy in past few years and the changes arising in the laws formulated by the government which resulted into new complexities. These complexities require specialized knowledge and skills that corporate professionals possess.
Few of the changes that have taken place in the Indian economy in past few years are as follows-Invitation to Foreign Direct Invitation.
- Emergence of Make in India.
- Change in indirect law system i.e. Introduction of GST.
- Changes in law governing Companies.
- Change in accounting standards.
Services provided by corporate professionals
The services provided by the corporate professional are as follows-
Ashok Maheshwary & Associates plays a very important role in the management chain of company. These help in managing the company by providing the following services such as:-
1. Setting up of the business
The services included under this are as follows-
- The Incorporation of public and private sector companies including wholly owned subsidiaries of foreign companies
- Incorporating foreign entities such as Project office/Liaison Office/Branch Office in India
- Conversion of Limited Liability partnership Firms(“LLP”) and Partnership Firms into a Company
- Conversion of Private into Public Companies & Vice-versa
- Incorporations and closure of the Limited Liability Partnership firms with domestic and foreign partners
- Drafting of Agreement of LLP
2. Secretarial practices as per the Companies Act, 2013 & the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008
- Preparing of the documentation and provision of assistance in holding various Directors’ and Shareholders’ Meetings
- Maintenance of statutory records for the Companies
- Filing of various annual and other e-forms with Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Drafting of various agreements such as Shareholders agreement, Share purchase agreements etc
- Amending the Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Liaising with Registrar of Companies, Regional Directors, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Reserve Bank of India and various other regulatory bodies.
3. Winding up of company
Winding up of the company is the long and exhaustive process. The legal services included in the winding up of the company are as follows-
- Taking approval from the court
- Appointing the Official Liquidator, hearings of Courts and approval from ROC
- Publishing the Notice in the newspaper
- NOC Requirement from various tax departments, creditors etc.
4. Litigation and Arbitration
The litigation and arbitration include various services such as-
- Civil Litigation and Criminal Litigation
- Intellectual Property ,litigation and arbitration
- Corporate and Tax Litigation
- Matrimonial Disputes
5. Intellectual Property and related Services
- Preparation and filing of forms under various Acts such as Trademark, Copyrights & Patent Act
- Registration of a Copyright ,Patent & Trademark
- Drafting of the legal documentation relating to licensing or assigning of Intellectual property rights (IPRs) such as trademark, technical know-how, etc.